UPDATED PROCEDURES FOR ORTHODONTIC PATIENTS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Be sure to contact us with your email address to receive all the up to date announcements about patient orthodontic care at Align Orthodontics.
Align Orthodontics has been legislated to adhere to the request for physical distancing, reduced contact with patients and to minimize potential for droplet spray generation in our offices. Please be aware of the following protocols that have been implemented as per the Alberta Dental Association & College:
- Mask wear is mandatory at our offices and buildings
- Our waiting room has limited accessibility and only for patient transition. Parents, guardians and other family members are asked to wait in the car where possible.
- Patients are asked to call or text Edmonton 780-463-5141 or Sherwood Park 780-449-6597 when you arrive in the parking lot for your appointment
- Our washrooms and brushing stations are closed for use, brush thoroughly before you arrive
- Patients and parents who enter the office are asked to wash hands at the front for 20 seconds prior to their appointment
- Parents attending appointments with patients are required to wear a mask while in the clinic. For parents and guardians who would like an appointment update while you are in the car, we encourage patients to bring their cell phone into the clinic and the Doctor can update you with a video chat during the appointment.
- Patients and attending parents arriving in the clinic will each be required to complete this COVID-19 patient consent form within 24hours of the scheduled appointment – this must be received prior to attendance of the appointment. Screening questions and temperature readings will be completed prior to your appointment start time.
- If you have an appointment scheduled, we ask that you alert our office immediately if the patient or any family members develop cough, cold or flu like symptoms or have travelled, as we will need to reschedule the appointment